I recently found myself sitting on the steps of the New York Public Library. It was an unusually cold November evening, and while waiting for my friend to go explore the Bryant Park Winter Village, I started to think about the goals I hoped for myself as the next year began.
So in the freezing weather, I pulled out my trusty notebook and created a list for me to look at as inspiration for when times get tough for me. It’s not necessarily a list of New Year’s resolutions, but it’s my own list of goals that I hope to achieve little by little as the year goes on.
- FIND A JOB.
- Spend more time with friends.
- Stop being afraid of the world.
- Be unapologetically ME.
- Network more.
- Stop being afraid of dating — BE OPEN TO LOVE.
- Stop berating myself for past mistakes.
- Believe that I’M WORTHY of my dreams.
- BELIEVE I’M WORTHY OF LOVE.
- Become the writer I want to be.
- Make a difference in my world and my loved ones’ worlds.
- Find inner peace.
- Take care of my mental + physical + emotional health.
- Read more books.
- Enjoy life more.
- Make new friends and keep the old.
- Believe I’M WORTHY of being on this Earth and there’s a place for me in it.
- Find inspiration to write more.
- Be honest with myself and what I want from life.
- Complete what I start.
- Pray more.
- BE HAPPY.